MDS Orbit Platform
The Next Generation Industrial Wireless Networks
As industrial SCADA and automation applications have evolved, corresponding requirements for security,
reliability and performance of the underlying communication network have become more demanding.
Furthermore, the diversity of topography and wireless spectrum conditions across regions is often
difficult to address with any single wireless technology.
The GE MDS™ Orbit industrial wireless router platform offers the security, reliability, performance, and
wireless flexibility required for next-generation industrial networks. Orbit enables customers to deploy
advanced communications using diverse options of wireless technologies and frequencies.
Orbit allows for communication over licensed spectrum, unlicensed spectrum, cellular technologies, and
Wi-Fi in various form factors with single or dual radio options. Its advanced cyber security capabilities
enable customers the power needed to secure and protect their networks and assets.
Unifying network deployments on the Orbit platform with a common user experience, networking and
security capabilities across various RF technologies helps customers simplify operations, reduce learning
curves and save on cost.
- Simplify operations, reduce learning curves and reduce cost by unifying the deployment of multiple
- Repurpose narrowband spectrum for more bandwidth demanding applications using QAM modulation
- Deploy latency sensitive applications on high speed unlicensed 900MHz ISM
- Expand network coverage reliably across multiple cellular carriers and countries
- Minimize network downtime and maximize application availability with redundant radio uplinks
- Protect network and assets with powerful cyber security capabilities